If you are recovering from surgery, have suffered a recent injury, or are bogged down by chronic pain, physical therapy can help. At EPIC Life Chiropractic & Wellness, serving Hazelwood and Florissant, MO, our chiropractor can help your body heal and recover. We provide natural treatments to speed up your recovery process by triggering the body's self-healing mechanism.
What Is Physical Therapy?
This treatment involves a three-stage process, including evaluation, assessment, and treatment. While physical therapy is ideal for patients with physical limitations, it can benefit a host of other patients. Physical therapy includes a variety of techniques based on the patient’s unique needs. It typically requires numerous sessions.
Conditions Treated by Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can treat numerous conditions, including:
- Chronic pain
- Nerve damage
- Body misalignments
- Orthopedic injuries
- Personal injuries, including back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain
- Whiplash and other soft-tissue injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Pre and post-operative injuries
- Sports-related injuries
- Headaches and migraines
- Herniated disc
- Spinal compression
Physical therapy is beneficial in treating most musculoskeletal conditions. Our chiropractor looks for the root cause of your pain and any underlying conditions, as opposed to just treating your symptoms.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
There are many different benefits of physical therapy that vary depending on your condition. Here are just some of the benefits of our treatment:
- Strengthens your muscles, preventing future injuries
- Improves your range of motion
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Prevents build-up of scar tissue
- Doesn't use medications that have side effects like nausea, dizziness, and vomiting
- Reduces symptoms of chronic pain
- Promotes healing in the body
When you meet with our chiropractor, we will discuss your objectives and work together to get closer to your goals. Our treatment plans are personalized for each patient.
Physical Therapy Treatments
Physical therapy uses a combination of different treatments to restore your body's functionality. Some treatments include:
- Massage therapy: This treatment is used to remove tension in tight muscles, increasing blood circulation. This triggers self-healing that reduces pain and improves mobility.
- Exercises: Our expert administers stretching exercises to release tight joints and improve muscle tenacity. Stretching and strengthening exercises are important in avoiding recurring pain.
- Hot and cold therapy: Cold therapy is used to reduce inflammation and swelling in sore muscles. On the other hand, hot therapy reduces muscle tightness and muscle spasms, reducing pain and increasing range of motion.
- Kinesiology taping: This treatment uses a special tape that stretches as you move. It's used to improve muscle strength and reduce pain and swelling.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Florissant, MO for Physical Therapy
Whether you are recovering from an injury or have chronic pain, we can help. At EPIC Life Chiropractic & Wellness, serving Hazelwood and Florissant, MO, our team will work to alleviate back pain, neck pain, headaches, and more. We will help you return to a healthy, pain-free life. Call us today to schedule an appointment.